PDA

Voir la version complète : OJ de retour à la maison

FracK
10/05/2005, 13h51
Kawasaki rider Olivier Jacque is set for a popular home-coming at Le Mans this weekend for the French Grand Prix, the fourth round of the MotoGP World Championship.

Following his magical wet weather ride into second place in last week's Chinese Grand Prix, Jacque has ensured that he will be the focus of attention at his home race this weekend.

The China result was the best ever in the elite class of GP racing for both Jacque and the factory Kawasaki team. It also delivered Bridgestone's first wet tyre podium finish since their entry into MotoGP.

It is now two years since Jacque raced at Le Mans and he anticipates an ‘incredible atmosphere' for the French Grand Prix. In 2003 Jacque finished fourth in this race.

Jacque will again race alongside Kawasaki's number one rider Shinya Nakano, as the temporary replacement for the injured Alex Hofmann.

But despite his fairytale comeback in Shanghai, Jacque is under no illusions about the task he faces at Le Mans. The highly competitive nature of MotoGP ensures that last week's glory will count for little once the race starts in France.

The stop-and-go layout of the 4.18 km Le Mans circuit, with its emphasis on hard braking and sharp acceleration, will be a very different challenge to that faced in China.

Since his superb performance in Shanghai, Jacque has been flat out in the build-up to Le Mans.

After returning to his London home Jacque has been busy with both media interviews and his training schedule. He returned to France earlier this week to conduct a rider training course at the Dijon circuit, before travelling to Le Mans to continue preparations for his home GP.

After the disappointment of his early retirement from the China race, Nakano is focused on delivering another polished performance at Le Mans.

The French Grand Prix is one of Nakano's favourite races, as the popular Japanese rider lived in France when he raced for the Tech3 squad.

Nakano expects that the increasingly competitive performance of the Ninja ZX-RR will provide an opportunity for him to regain his place in the top six of the championship points.

Shinya Nakano: # 56
"Le Mans is a very different type of circuit, acceleration and braking stability are very important because of the stop-go layout. In the past it has not been ideal for Kawasaki, but with our new engine and the latest electronic parts for the fuel injection I expect the Ninja ZX-RR will be much more competitive. This year our chassis is more stable at the rear, with better traction under acceleration and improved balance, which will help us at Le Mans; as will the latest generation of Bridgestone tyres. I'm always happy to be at this race because I lived in the south of France for four years, I have a good feeling here and I have some friends coming to the race."

Olivier Jacque: #19
"It is a long time since I have raced at Le Mans and there are always high expectations for the French riders, I'm sure the atmosphere will be incredible. But I'm not feeling stressed or under pressure. In fact, I'm appreciating the support from the fans and I'm really comfortable to be racing in my home Grand Prix; for sure it will be a big party. After my ‘magic' race in Shanghai I'm not sure what to expect at Le Mans, it is difficult for me to predict the performance of the Ninja ZX-RR at this track because I still don't have a lot of experience on the bike. But I'm aiming to be very competitive; the support of the Kawasaki team is giving me a lot of confidence, as are the Bridgestone tyres, which are very impressive both in the dry and wet, as we saw in China."

En gros, ca donne ca :

OJ s'apprête à faire son grand retour en France lors de la 4ème étape du championnat du monde moto.

Après sa merveilleuse seconde place sur le mouillé à Shangai, OJ s'annonce prêt et et très concentré face à ce nouveau GP.

Ce résultat qui avait marqué les esprits, en représentant le meilleur résultat d'OJ en GP, de Kawasaki, et également des Bridgestone sous la pluie depuis leur arrivée en GP.

Sa dernière course au Mans date de 2003, date à laquelle il avait fini 4ème.
Pour rappel, OJ courera aux couleurs de Kawasaki, en remplacement d'Alex Hoffman, blessé à Estoril.

Le pilote Français ne se fait pas non plus trop d'illusions avant cette course, bien conscient de la difficulté et du niveau élevé du plateau.

Après être rentré chez lui à Londres, le pilote à rencontré de nombreux médias, effectué de nombreuses interviews, et est retourné en France plus tôt cette semaine pour effectuer une course d'entraînement au circuit de Dijon, avant d'aller au Mans pour préparer le GP.

Rappelons que ce circuit est également l'un des tracés préférés de Nakano.
Il espère donc que ce sera pour lui l'opportunité de rejoindre le top 6 du classement du championnat du monde.

Shinya Nakano: # 56
"Le Mans is a very different type of circuit, acceleration and braking stability are very important because of the stop-go layout. In the past it has not been ideal for Kawasaki, but with our new engine and the latest electronic parts for the fuel injection I expect the Ninja ZX-RR will be much more competitive. This year our chassis is more stable at the rear, with better traction under acceleration and improved balance, which will help us at Le Mans; as will the latest generation of Bridgestone tyres. I'm always happy to be at this race because I lived in the south of France for four years, I have a good feeling here and I have some friends coming to the race."

Olivier Jacque: #19
"It is a long time since I have raced at Le Mans and there are always high expectations for the French riders, I'm sure the atmosphere will be incredible. But I'm not feeling stressed or under pressure. In fact, I'm appreciating the support from the fans and I'm really comfortable to be racing in my home Grand Prix; for sure it will be a big party. After my ‘magic' race in Shanghai I'm not sure what to expect at Le Mans, it is difficult for me to predict the performance of the Ninja ZX-RR at this track because I still don't have a lot of experience on the bike. But I'm aiming to be very competitive; the support of the Kawasaki team is giving me a lot of confidence, as are the Bridgestone tyres, which are very impressive both in the dry and wet, as we saw in China."

philou46
10/05/2005, 14h56
esperons qu'il vase grave,

des trombes d'eau :)
et qu'Olivier sorte de nouveau une belle epingle 24 carat du jeu :)

et s'il fait beau bah on verra bien

FenneK
10/05/2005, 16h03
Moi je dis Champagne s'il finit dans les 10.

Car n'oublions pas que le circuit chinois était connu de personne, ce qui n'est pas le cas du circuit français.

FracK
10/05/2005, 18h41
On se retrouve tous au Mans pour sabrer le champ.... hein Fennec ?

Risk
10/05/2005, 18h45
Ouais, c'est vrai que Fennec a pas tort, la Chine n'était connu de personne, alors qu'au Mans, ça ne sera pas le cas ! ;)

En tout cas, Allez OJ quand même et Vive Rossi ! :genail:

El coyote
10/05/2005, 18h46
Moi j' aimerai bien qu' il fasse beau et qu'il termine sur le podium ça serait plus agréable quand meme non ;)

YOPLAGEISS
10/05/2005, 19h00
ben si les autres pilotes restent à faire leur petite course entre eux en oubliant que rossi est devant (on dirait qu'ils ont tous abandonné l'idée d'aller le chercher), le podium est jouable.
on a des fois vraiment l'impression qu'il y a rossi puis la honda cup et les autres..

et si on se mettait a rever...

chouchoute#46
10/05/2005, 20h48
On se retrouve tous au Mans pour sabrer le champ.... hein Fennec ?

:mdrrr: pas de probleme pour le champagne mais a condition qu'il soit deuxieme et deriere valentino sinon ça va chier!!! :grrr:

El coyote
10/05/2005, 21h11
c' est net en 2ème c' est ROSSI qui va gagner :mdr:

Anonymous
12/05/2005, 20h07
salut les gas le circuit du mans est genial je le connait bien techniquement sur leau il est favorable sur la pluie olivier jacque peu nous donner une grande surprise il annonce des orages sur le mans dimanche
19 on y crois 19 on y crois 19,19,19,19,A+ ;) ;)

FracK
12/05/2005, 21h26
Salut Franky :)

Puisses tu dire vrai (sauf pour la pluie... ;))

FracK
13/05/2005, 15h52
Oj suite à cette journée :

Olivier Jacque: #19 - Fifteenth - (1'36.451)
"I need more testing on a dry track, so I can more fully understand the bike and the set-up, that is clear after today. I am more comfortable in the wet, so now I'm hoping for rain over the weekend. In the wet the rider can make a big difference; in the dry the riders' influence is important, but less than in the rain. My lap time is improving every time I go out, but with a four-stroke MotoGP bike engine braking, throttle and suspension settings are critical for maximum dry track performance. It's my home race, but I'm focussed and not feeling any pressure."

nico
13/05/2005, 15h57
Ouais, espérons qu'il pleuve. Arnaud Vincent pourrait créer la surprise également dans ces conditions .

phil
13/05/2005, 16h29
On peut même dire que la pluie va être indispensable si on souhaite du spectacle de nos Frenchies....

nazo
13/05/2005, 16h33
dixit "l'equipe" d'aujourd'hui oj animait un stage de pilotage en debut de semaine a dijeon...imaginez la tet des stagiaires .. :mdr: